The Estimator provides electrical and instrumentation estimating services for PDI Solution’s E&I group. Additionally provides support for planning, organizing, direction, and evaluation of Electric and Controls construction projects according to schedule, specifications and budget. This individual must be able to take initiative, set priorities, and efficiently produce detailed end results.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Journeyman electrician with 2+ years estimating experience or estimator with 3+ years previous electrical estimating experience
- Prior experience in sales, project management, and purchasing is preferred.
- Field experience is an asset
- Exceptional time management skills; ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks quickly
- Thrives well in a busy, deadline oriented environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment or independently
- Prior experience with estimating software is beneficial
- Industrial oil and gas experience is preferred
- Knowledge of the NEC code book is required
- Post-secondary/technical education in a related field and/or formal project management training preferred
- Strong organizational, communication and sales abilities
- Previous estimating and/or project management experience with a technical background in the oil and gas industry is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications quickly and accurately
- Thorough understanding and ability to develop and complete cost estimates based on engineering documentation, specifications and drawings as well as construction, risk evaluation and material take-off techniques
- Solid understanding and ability to use MS Excel software and a working knowledge of MS Office software and scheduling software (e.g. MS Project) Excellent communicator and negotiator, able to express ideas clearly and enthusiastically
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills, including Outlook, Publisher, Excel,Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Solid customer service skills
- Monitor and follow applicable corporate directives, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to perform required duties in a safety conscious manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Valid US driver’s license as travel to the field and outlying branch locations is required